Knowledge Management (KM) is a communicative and social process that can potentially increase the productivity of an organization to deliver effective and efficient services and products by sharing and making existing explicit and tacit knowledge available to the members of the organization or by developing new knowledge for use by the organization.
Based on the implementations of Knowledge Management tools and techniques in many international organizations, KM appears to have an influential impact on the performance of the organization, by influencing the work relationships to enhance collaboration, learning, decision making, and task execution.
Understanding organizational performance and productivity, and the role KM is playing is a key aspect of the realization that although traditional ways of influencing work relationships include financial incentives and exercise of power could work collaboration and knowledge sharing provides another potential mechanism for improving performance and creating a competitive edge.
Our cutting edge approach to the implementation of KM includes:
- Assessing and evaluating the organization’s current status and identifying the major impediments of collaboration.
- Identifying the strengths to be enhanced and the weaknesses to be worked on in order to create an enabling culture of collaboration and sharing.
- Developing strategies of Knowledge Management tailored to the organization’s needs.
- Facilitating the implementation of KM tools and techniques to encourage and motivate contribution and collaboration.
- Measuring results, and setting tools for continuous improvement.